Learn practical strategies for helping children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) succeed in school.
Teaching Students With ADHD (Self-Paced Tutorial)
In this course, you will discover practical ways to help children with ADHD control their behavior and succeed in school. And you will be learning from the real experts: the children themselves. You will find out how Kristi controls her behavior and how Wanda handles boredom. You will see how Adam jump-starts his thought processes, how Harry satisfies his need to move without bothering his teacher, and how Darren aces his homework.
In addition, you will hear from parents and teachers about the amazing benefits of simple adaptations in space, structure, rules, and expectations. You will also explore myths and facts about ADHD and see how this condition affects motivation, activity level, attention, and memory. By the time you’re done, you will have the skills and knowledge needed to help students with ADHD achieve their full potential.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00