TEAS Prep 1 (Online Course)
This online course will prepare you for the Reading and English Language portions of the TEAS exam. You will improve critical reading and English language skills and develop test-taking strategies.
Though nursing is a high-demand profession, nursing school candidates must fulfill several rigorous requirements, including top performance on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) exam. This standardized test assesses a candidate’s skills in reading, math, science, and English language usage.
The online TEAS Prep 1 course will prepare you to sit for the Reading and English Language Usage portions of the TEAS exam. You will learn to critical reading and language skills, including rhetoric, author’s tone and purpose, points of view, and standard conventions of English grammar and spelling. The course consists of focused content, videos, flashcards, test prep tips, and practice test questions.
By course completion, you will be ready to pass the TEAS Reading and English Language Usage section.
What students will learn
- Identify the key ideas and details in a given text
- Evaluate conventions of standardized English
- Examine structured written organizational units
- Analyze vocabulary based on textual inference
- Identify learning styles and TEAS exam preparation strategies
- This course must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS is not compatible.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer operating systems.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Other: Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Prior to taking this course, you should have completed the requirements for admission to a nursing school.
Course Hours: 24.00