Technical Review of Rn Meas and Mitig Techniques for Radon Professionals
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI.
- Presenting a new course that covers technical aspects of radon measurement and mitigation for residential buildings as well as schools and commercial buildings.
- It also encompasses techniques for fixing existing structures and design parameters for the incorporation of radon control systems during the construction of homes and large buildings.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Doug Kladder serves as CERTI’s Lead Technical Advisor, developing comprehensive radon education programs geared toward individuals seeking national certification, as well as relevant and practical continuing education programs to maintain one’s certification. This support is based upon over 35 years of hands-on field experience throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, Asia and the Pacific Rim. These experiences are used to build upon the fundamentals of radon measurement and mitigation to provide the student with not only the basic tools for addressing radon, but the extra insights to help them be successful. The philosophy of providing a higher level of instruction and fully supporting students has been the hallmark of CERTI since it was founded 35 years ago. CERTI’s philosophy of providing superior content and strong student support after course completion continues to help students thrive. Doug has semi-retired to focus on new content and continues to support CERTI as it grows to the next level.
- Sponsored by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s Cancer, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Disease Grants program, this technical manual was developed utilizing over 30 years of experience that its authors and collaborators have had in dealing with radon in Colorado.
- The purpose for developing the document was to provide a technical resource for radon professionals, builders, engineers and architects allowing them to address radon in a logical and cost-effective manner.
- Although it was written for Colorado, the techniques and approaches apply to radon wherever one may find it, which is why we have created this course for a wider application. To complete the course you should download the Technical Guidance document and read it.
- You may also want to save a copy of the pdf on your mobile device, so you can access portions of the document or its many graphs and photos to help your clients to better understand what is involved with radon measurement or mitigation.
- You can also access the document from the CDPHE website at Coloradoradon.info.
- As you read the document, we believe you will find there are a lot of useful tidbits and design parameters.
- You should also watch the two videos that were produced from recordings of webcasts presented to building officials, radon professionals, builders, and others to explain the many aspects covered within the Technical Guidance.
- There are two videos:
- One that covers radon fundamentals and measurement, and a second video that describes mitigation techniques for both single family and larger buildings such as schools and apartments
- CERTI students also have access to business tools such as sample contracts, and warranties. We are also available by phone during and after the course for any questions concerning the course or radon situations you come across on the job
•Technical Guidance Document
• Online Quizzes
• Downloadable Course Certificate
• 8 CE Credits (Category 1)