This course is offered in partnership with Treatment 2 Go Exploring Hand Therapy, an Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association. Telehealth: Demystified is a basic course designed for Physical and Occupational Therapists to learn more about the emerging niche of telehealth as a service delivery model. Therapists will obtain insight to the benefits of this unique field and review how to incorporate virtual therapy into an existing practice or get started in a new career as a telehealth therapist. @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Tracey L. Davis, MOT, OTR/L
Tracey Davis is an occupational therapist with 19 years experience in the field of pediatrics. She has been working exclusively in telehealth for over five years and has mentored countless therapists new to the field. Tracey serves as Director of Clinical Affairs for TalkPath Live, a Telehealth company for children and adults in the school and private pay settings. Tracey has been teaching continuing education courses and guest lecturing for the past 3 years and often presents at conferences on the topics of Telehealth and dyslexia. Academic Degrees: BA, Psychology, Concordia University Wisconsin Master of Occupational Therapy, Concordia University Wisconsin
- Recognize the types of treatments which are considered telehealth.
- Review the official position of AOTA or APTA regarding telehealth, as well as current outcomes measures.
- Observe basic therapeutic activities for use in the telehealth model.
- Identify which clients would be ideal for telehealth, and what contraindications might exist.
- Review the steps you will need to implement to begin your successful telehealth practice.
- History and definition of telehealth
- Current research and areas of practice
- Current legislation
- Benefits and challenges
- Making the switch to telehealth
- Adapting activities to telehealth model
- Example of OT/PT sessions
- Telehealth evaluations
- Case studies
- Round up
- Bonus – template superbill
- Bonus – telehealth checklist
- Bonus – telehealth intro letter
- Bonus – pediatric websites to use for telehealth
|CEUs:||.3||AL/FL LIVE CE broker 20-676818|
|Contact Hours:||3||NBCOT ® 3.75 PDUs|
*3.75 NBCOT® PDUs
AOTA: Professional issues, Occupational Therapy Process
Treatment2go is an AOTA approved provider ID #3397. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
NBCOT® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and does not promote or endorse our specific courses, services or training.