Learn techniques for drafting transactional documents.
Transactional legal professionals negotiate, draft and interpret contracts. This course will teach the provisions included in different types of general contracts, M&A documents and SEC documents. You will also learn drafting standards and work hands-on drafting, interpreting and negotiating various document provisions.
What you will learn
- Tools for effective transactional writing and drafting, including plain English
- Tips for effective and efficient speed in drafting
- Warning signs in “cookie-cutter” documents
- Important terminology in representations and warranties
- Strategies for structuring the deal in your contracts
How you will benefit
- Build a solid foundation of first-year law school topics.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
Course Hours: 24.00