Writing for ESL (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn to write in English more effectively so you can achieve your goals and dreams. This course will teach you how to write clearly, logically, and cohesively in any academic or work setting.
Many ESL learners have excellent educations, training, and skills in their native countries. However, their dreams of success elude them in English-speaking countries because they cannot write effectively in their new language. This course will show you what English readers expect and how your writing can achieve your goals.
You will learn about the entire writing process and its five stages: prewriting, outlining, writing, revising, and editing. You will learn to generate and focus your ideas. You will discover how to write clearly focused topic sentences and thesis statements, which will guide you in writing logical, unified paragraphs and essays. You will also learn to refine and perfect your work, making it free of grammatical and punctuation errors.
You will gain important critical thinking skills and learn some techniques for writing concisely. When you finish this course, you will be able to write clearly, logically, and cohesively, and you will be able to apply what you have learned in any academic or work setting.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
A basic understanding of English grammar.
Course Hours: 24.00