Writing the Fantasy Novel (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Write for the increasingly popular genre of fantasy fiction and lay the groundwork for your very own fantasy novel. This course teaches you how to develop characters, build a compelling world, outline a narrative, apply a consistent theme, commit to the writing process, and publish your book.
Fantasy is an increasingly popular genre of fiction, and now is a great time to become a fantasy fiction writer! This course is perfect whether you have an idea for a book or even if you don’t know where to start. With the tools you’ll gain in this course, you’ll be ready to tackle your first fantasy novel.
In this course, you will learn what separates fantasy fiction from other types of fiction. You will also discover how to create characters and populate your world with unique, compelling, and interesting creatures. You’ll learn how to outline your book, come up with a theme, and commit to actually writing. You will learn how to revise and edit so that when you complete it, your book will essentially be a finished product. You will even learn a bit about publishing your book, including the differences between self-publishing and traditional publishing. Finally, you’ll get a number of tips about how to stay motivated and complete your novel – because, after all, writing is hard work!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00