Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Florida Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Florida Business and Finance Exam Review$274.99
The Florida Contractor Business Exam Review Online includes:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Accounting and Finance Math
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Requirements To Complete
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To become a licensed contractor in Florida, applicants must sit for two exams: business and finance and the trade.
- Please note that Electrical Contractors will not sit for this examination as their requirements are different.
- Please view our Florida Electrical Contractor page for more information.
Applying For Your License
@ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can assist you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Business and Finance examination is computer based and is given daily by Pearson Vue.
- The examination is scheduled through PTI.
- The exam has a time limit of 6 1/2 hours and contains 120 questions.
- This exam can be taken anytime at one of Pearson Vue's facilities.
- There are 2 fees to take this exam: $135 paid to PTI and $80 mailed to Pearson Vue.
- A 70% is required to pass.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- AIA Documents Package, Florida
- Builder's Guide to Accounting
- Contractors Manual
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2013
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Florida Business and Finance Contractor Exam through a home study or online course format. The fee for the online class is $249. The program includes highlighting guides for your references books, practice tests, study tips, accounting, and more.
After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. This program provides review for ALL portions of testing (including business and finance).