Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVAC field? Study at home for your Florida HVAC license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Florida Business and Finance Exam Review$274.99
The Florida Contractor Business Exam Review Online includes:
- Highlighting Guides
- Practice Exams
- Accounting and Finance Math
- Study Tips
- Licensing Information
- Instructor Support
Requirements To Complete
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To become a state certified contractor in Florida, you must:
- Obtain a passing score on all parts of the Florida State Construction examination.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet the educational/experience requirements.
- Be of good moral character.
- Pay all applicable fees.
- Obtain worker’s compensation coverage.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility.
- Please note that Electrical Contractors will not sit for this examination as their requirements are different.
- Effective July 1, 2020, exam candidates who have received a baccalaureate degree in building
construction from an accredited 4-year college and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from having
to take the trade knowledge portion of the exam. These candidates will have to take and pass the
Business and Finance examination.
Applying For Your License
@ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can assist you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Business and Finance examination is computer based and is given daily by Pearson Vue.
- The examination is scheduled through PTI.
- The exam has a time limit of 6 1/2 hours and contains 120 questions.
- This exam can be taken anytime at one of Pearson Vue's facilities.
- There are 2 fees to take this exam: $135 paid to PTI and $80 mailed to Pearson Vue.
- A 70% is required to pass.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- AIA Documents Package, Florida
- Builder's Guide to Accounting
- Contractors Manual
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2019
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Florida Business and Finance Contractor Exam through a home study or online course format. The fee for the online class is $249. The program includes highlighting guides for your references books, practice tests, study tips, accounting, and more.
After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. This program provides review for ALL portions of testing (including business and finance).