Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Nevada Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Nevada Carpentry, Maintenance, and Minor Repairs (C-3)$164.99
To qualify to take this license exam, pre-approval is required. Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license and must also submit 4 reference certificates concerning their work experience and submit to a background check. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. @HomePr…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the construction of form work, framing or rough carpentry necessary to construct framed structures, the installation or repair of individual components of framing systems, rough carpentry or associated work, including the construction or installation of subflooring, siding, exterior staircases and railings, roof decking, truss members and sheathing, and the fabrication, installation, remodeling and repair of wood and wood products for structural and finishing purposes, such as doors, windows, cabinets and fixtures. The installation, repair and finishing of cabinets, sash casing, door casing, wooden flooring, baseboards, countertops and other millwork. Finish carpentry does not include the installation of ceramic tile, marble and artificial or cultured stone. The installation of material used for the insulation of buildings and the application of weather stripping and caulking for the internal control of the effects of weather. The fabrication, erection and installation of guides, counterweights, tracks, weather stripping, automatic and manual controls and all other apparatuses and equipment appurtenant to the efficient installation and operation of overhead doors. The installation, taping and finishing of drywall, panels and assemblies of gypsum wallboard, sheathing acoustical tile and studs made of sheet metal for the framing of ceilings and nonstructural partitioning.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval is required.
- Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license.
- Applicants must also submit 4 reference certificates concerning their work experience and submit to a background check.
- All contractors are required to obtain a bond.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Application fee is $600.
Applying For Your License
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 56 questions and 2 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include Safety, Insulation, Windows and Doors, Rough Carpentry, Finish Carpentry, Drywall, and Siding
- $95 for just the trade exam, or $140 for both the trade and the Contractor Management Survey Exam
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed
Books and References for the Exam
The following reference is permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2012 International Building Code
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the examination.
- OSHA 1926
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
- Finish Carpenter's Manual
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Carpentry, Maintenance, and Minor Repairs (C-3) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program narrated and animated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
Depends on your jurisdiction.
There are limited reciprocity agreements with California, Arizona, and Utah. Applicants must have at least 7 years of experience.