Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Arizona Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arizona Application Processing$249.99 – $399.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Arizona Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Arizona Plumbing License- Commercial (C-37) – Books Only Package$1,092.90
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Installation, alteration, and repair of all plumbing when performed solely within property lines and not on public easements or right-of-ways, except as hereinafter provided. Installation, alteration, and repair of all piping, fixtures, and appliances related to water supply, including pressure vessels and tanks (excluding municipal or related water supply systems); venting and sanitary drainage systems for all fluid, semi-fluid, and organic wastes; septic tanks and leaching lines; roof leaders; lawn sprinklers; water conditioning equipment; piping; and equipment for swimming pools. Also included are piping, fixtures, appliances, and pressure vessels for manufactured and natural gases, compressed air and vacuum systems, petroleum, fuel oil, non-potable liquids, hot water heating, and hot water supply systems operating at pressures not exceeding 30 PSIG, or temperatures not exceeding 220° F; steam heating and steam supply systems not exceeding 15 PSIG operating pressure; gas or oil fired space heaters and furnaces, excluding duct work. Piping for water cooling systems, excluding the refrigerant piping and equipment. Testing and balancing of hydronics systems. Sewer, gas, water lines, and connections from structure to the nearest point of public supply or disposal may cross public or private easements or be installed within private easements. Pipe installed across public property may not be increased in size, or make any other connection between the point of exit from private property to the point of connection at public supply or disposal. These lines shall not be installed parallel to main lines in public easements or right-of-ways.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in Arizona is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Workers Compensation is required
Must carry a Bond (Commercial)
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is less than $150,000 your current bond will need to be $2,500
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $150,000 or more but less than $500,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $7,000
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $500,000 or more but less than $1,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $17,500
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $1,000,000 or more but less than $5,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $25,000
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $5,000,000 or more but less than $1,000,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $37,500
Must carry a Bond (Residential)
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is less than $100,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $4,250
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $100,000 or more but less than $375,000 your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $4,250
- If your Estimated Annual Volume (Per License Category) is $375,000 or more your bond as of July 1st 2014 will be $25,000
Applying For Your License
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Arizona Registrar office at www.azroc.gov or by calling 1-602-542-1525. The Licensing and Application fee for Commercial is $580 and Residential $720.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 100 questions and 4 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include drainage waste and vents, indirect waste, water supply systems, backflow prevention, roof drains and storm drainage systems, plumbing fixtures, isometric analysis, fuel gas, septic sewer, hydronics, fire sprinklers and excavation.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- OSHA 1926
- NFPA 13, 2016
- NFPA 13D, 2007
- NFPA 13R, 2007
- On Site Wastewater Treatment Facility Provisions in Unified Water Quality Permit Rule, Arizona Administrative Code Title 18
The following reference material is NOT allowed in the examination center:
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- IPT’s Pipe Trades Handbook
- Boiler Operator’s Guide
- Arizona 811: Arizona Blue Stake
- Modern Hydronic Heating for Residential and Light Commercial Buildings
Exam Review Education
We do not offer training for this license at this time, please check later as we add more content.