Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Virginia Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Virginia Concrete Contracting Exam Review$164.99
The Virginia Concrete Contracting Exam is required to be passed if you are applying for the CEM classification. This license provides for all work in connection with the processing, proportioning, batching, mixing, conveying and placing of concrete composed of materials common to the concrete industry. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Concrete Contracting (Abbr: CEM) means that service which provides for all work in connection with the processing, proportioning, batching, mixing, conveying and placing of concrete composed of materials common to the concrete industry. This includes but is not limited to finishing, coloring, curing, repairing, testing, sawing, grinding, grouting, placing of film barriers, sealing and waterproofing. Construction and assembling of forms, molds, slipforms, pans, centering, and the use of rebar is also included. The CBC, RBC, and H/H classifications also provide for this function.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
The Virginia Concrete Contracting Exam is required to be passed if you are applying for the CEM classification.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- In addition, an 8 Hour Pre-Licensing Course is required to be completed to become licensed as a Class A, B, or C contractor.
- A Virginia Class A, B, or C license is required to be obtained along with passing this exam.
Applying For Your License
Applications for licensure can be obtained from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation State Board for Contractors by calling 1-804-367-8511.
- The Concrete Contracting Exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Fee for this exam is $85.
- Topics on the Examination include Estimating, Layout and Excavation, Formwork, Reinforcing Steel, General Concrete, and Safety.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore.
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- 2015 IBC
- 2015 IRC
- ACI 318-11 or ACI 318-14
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Formwork for Concrete
- Placing Reinforcing Bars
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Virginia Concrete Contracting Examination in a home study/online course format. The fee for the online class is $149.99. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program is fully narrated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
There are no continuing education requirements as of this time.
As of this time, there is no reciprocal licensing.