Renew Your License
Complete our self-paced, online course to renew your Nebraska Cosmetology license. Courses are user-friendly, state-approved/accepted, and can be taken from any device, anytime.
Nebraska Cosmetology Continuing Education (2 Hours)$28.99
Nebraska Cosmetologists are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education each renewal cycle, which is by 12/31 of even years. Only 2 hours of course credit can be taken online or through home study. Our online course provides the required topics that suffice for the 2 hour online portion. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
Continuing Education Overview
Nebraska Cosmetologist Licensees – Online Classes Available For Cosmetology Licensee Required Continuing Education.
Nebraska requires all cosmetologist professionals with an active license to complete continuing education. Guidelines for licensees are listed below and must be completed in order to keep your cosmetology license active.
Minimum 4 hours of continuing education by a board approved program. Licensees may choose to complete all 8 hours required through an approved program.
Maximum 4 additional hours in the following areas or topics:
- Maximum of 2 hours from home study programs related to professional practices in cosmetology.
- Maximum of 4 hours allowed from CPR/first aid programs
- Maximum of 4 hours on equipment used in cosmetology
- Maximum 2 hours on people skills
- Maximum of 4 hours in products used by cosmetologists
- Maximum of 4 hours allowed in marketing education
- Maximum 4 hours- Tech School or university coursework in related topics such as: Practice Related; Business Programs such as Finance, Computers or related classes; Sciences or Communications; Psychology, Sociology, Humanities or related classes.
Licensed in multiple states with similar course requirements? For a fee of $29.99 per course, we “reciprocate” your education to other states/courses. Call us at 800-952-0910 to register for multiple courses.