Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Hawaii Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Hawaii Contractor’s Business and Law Exam – Books Only Package$103.99
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Every applicant must pass the Business and Law (Part I) and Trade Specific (Part II) exam.
- A license is required to offer to undertake work which requires a license.
- All licenses expire on September 30th of the even-numbered year. Renewal applications are mailed to all current licensees approximately 45 days before the license expires. Licensees must submit their renewal application and all required documents and fees by September 30 of the even-numbered year.
- All exams are closed-book.
- $65.00 per part (Part I – Business & Law, and Part II – Trade).
- 80 Questions – Three-hour time limit
- 75% Correct Required to Pass
- Topics include: CONTRACT MANAGEMENT,ESTIMATING AND BIDDING ,LICENSING,RISK MANAGEMENT,FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT,PROJECT MANAGEMENT,SAFETY,LABOR LAWS,TAX LAWS,PUBLIC WORKS,LIEN LAW,BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Hawaii Contractor's Reference Manual
Exam Review Education
We do not offer training for this license at this time, please check later as we add more content.