Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Hawaii Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Hawaii Electrical Contractor – NEC Exam Review$164.99
Must have 5 years of experience for a journey worker and an extended 2 years for a master license. Must provide a credit report covering the previous 5 years on each individual applicant, A current financial statement prepared and signed by a CPA, A current state tax clearance from the Dept. of Taxation. Our complete exam review includes practice tests, highlighting guides, calculations, test taking tips and instructor support. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
C-13 Electrical Contractor shall place, install, erect, or connect any electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, electrical signs, conduits, poles, raceways, and to do trenching, backfilling, patching and surface restoration in connection with the installation of conduit and lines which transmit, transform, or utilize electrical energy less than 600 volts phase to phase. This classification also includes the work of the C-15 Electronic Systems Contractor and C-60 Solar Power Systems Contractor.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Every applicant must pass the Business and Law (Part I) and Trade Specific (Part II) exam.
- Must have 5 years of experience for a journey worker and an extended 2 years for a master license
- Credit report covering the previous 5 years on each individual applicant
- A current financial statement prepared and signed by a CPA
- A current state tax clearance from the Dept. of Taxation
- Must submit a certificate of insurance for worker's compensation and certificate from their insurer showing liability coverage for: Property damage- $50,000 per occurrence and Bodily Injury- $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence.
- A license is required to offer to undertake work which requires a license.
- Required to renew on or before June 30 every 3 years.
Applying For Your License
To apply for a contractors license, contact:
Hawaii Department of Commerce
P.O. Box 3469
Honolulu, HI 96801
- All exams are closed-book.
- 40 Questions – Two-hour time limit
- 75% Correct Required to Pass
- Topics include: General Electrical Knowledge and Calculations, Grounding and Bonding, Services, Feeders and Branch Circuits, Raceways and Enclosures, Conductors and Cables, Motors and Controls, Utilization and General Use Equipment, Special Occpancies and Equipment, and Low Voltage Circuits.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references will be supplied by the testing agency on the day of the examination:
- 2008 National Electrical Code
The following references are NOT allowed in the testing agency but the exam will be based on:
- Standard Textbook of Electricity
- ANSI-C2-2007 National Electrical Safety Code
Exam Review Education
We currently offer 2 options to help you pass your electrical exam Our complete exam review includes practice tests, highlighting guides, calculations, test taking tips and instructor support. The practice tests only option includes practice tests, test taking tips and instructor support.
Our electrical practice includes over 400 real NEC questions. Each time you take the practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
None at this time.