Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Nevada Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Nevada Electrical Wiring Contractor (C-2A)$164.99
To qualify to become a licensed contractor you must have the experience and skills necessary to manage the daily activities of a construction business, including field supervision. Or, you must be represented by someone else with the necessary experience and skills, who serves as your qualifying individual. pplicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license. The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam. The course includes highlighting guides, practice te…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the installation, alteration and repair of electrical wires, fixtures, appliances and apparatuses, and the performance of any related wiring on existing structures.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To qualify to become a licensed contractor you must have the experience and skills necessary to manage the daily activities of a construction business, including field supervision. Or, you must be represented by someone else with the necessary experience and skills, who serves as your qualifying individual.
- Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Each contractor's license issued in the State of Nevada requires a license bond. The Nevada State Contractors Board determines the amount of the bond at the time of license approval. The bond can vary in amount from $1,000 to $500,000. When determining the amount of bond required, the Board will consider the type of license requested, monetary limit granted, past, present or future financial responsibility, experience, and character of the applicant.
- The Nevada Contractor Management Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
Applying For Your License
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 60 questions and 2.5 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include General Electrical Knowledge, Service, Feeders, and Branch Circuits, Grounding and Bonding, Conductors and Cables, Overcurrent Protection, Special Occupancies and Equipment, Electrical Power, Low Voltage, Lighting, Illuminated Signs, Fire Detection and Alarm Systems, Safety Information, Motors, Raceways and Enclosures.
- Exam fee is $95 for the trade or $140 for both the trade and the Contract Managment Survey Exam
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2008 National Electrical Code or National Electrical Code Handbook
- 2010 NFPA 72 - Standard for National Fire Alarm Code or National Fire Alarm Code Handbook
The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination.
- Ugly's Electrical Reference
- OSHA 1926
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Electrical Wiring Contractor (C-2A) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.