Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Maryland Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Maryland Electrician Exam Review$219.99
Applicant must have at least 7 years’ experience and pass a state trade exam. At least 3 years of credit may be given for professional training courses taken. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Your…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Master Electrician has the experience, knowledge and skill to provide electrical services in all aspects of the electrical trade, in a manner that complies with applicable plans, specifications, codes or law.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Must have at least 7 years' experience and pass a state trade exam
- At least 3 years of credit may be given for professional training courses taken.
- A minimum of $300,000 General Liability Insurance is required as well as $100,000 in Property Damage Insurance. If the Master has employees, he must carry Worker's Compensation Insurance.
- The state license is required in the three counties that do not require local licensing. Other counties require local licensing.
Applying For Your License
To apply for the Electrical Contractor license, contact:
Board of Master Electricians
- The Maryland Master Electrician Exam has 90 questions and a time limit of 4 hours.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- The fee for the exam is $65 and pre-approval is required.
- Topics on the exam include electrical theory, wiring and protection, wiring methods and materials, equipment for general use, special occupancies, special equipment, special communications, and application and calculations.
- To schedule your exams, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following reference is permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. These exam approved pre-printed or blank permanent tabs can also be purchased at our bookstore. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2017 National Electrical Code
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the electrical exam in an online training format. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
5 hours of continuing education are required prior to each license renewal. We offer this online. Click here to learn more.
There are no reciprocal agreements for this license as of this time.