Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your New Hampshire Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
New Hampshire Electrical License (Master/Journeyman)$164.99
To qualify for the master’s licensing exam you must work as a licensed journeyman for 2,000 hours. To qualify for the journeyman’s licensing exam you need to complete a Board-approved apprenticeship program which includes 8,000 hours of work experience as an apprentice and 576 hours of electrical education. Our complete exam review includes practice tests, highlighting guides, calculations, test-taking tips and instructor support. The practice tests only option includes practice tests, test-taking tips and instructor support. Our electrical practice…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- Master Electrical Contractor can install, maintain, alter, repair any wire, cable, conduit, raceway, fixture or equipment that transmits, transforms, or uses electrical energy.
- Journeyperson Electrician can perform all of the same work as an Master Electrical Contractor while under the employment of an Master Electrical Contractor.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To qualify for the master's licensing exam you must work as a licensed journeyman for 2,000 hours.
- To qualify for the journeyman's licensing exam you need to complete a Board-approved apprenticeship program which includes 8,000 hours of work experience as an apprentice and 576 hours of electrical education.
- To qualify for an apprentice electrician identification card you need to register as an apprentice with the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training of the U.S. Department of Labor or a state apprenticeship agency. The Board may accept out-of-state work experience and education for any of these requirements.
Applying For Your License
It will cost you $50 to file an application for an electrical exam. The master license costs $165 and the journeyman license costs $100. Your license will expire on the last day of the month of your birth.
Fire Safety Licensing
PO Box 646
Concord, NH 03302
- 3 parts - 125 questions total (50 code,50 design/install, then 25 law) and a time limit of 2hrs,2hrs, and 1hr (Master Exam)
- 2 parts - 100 questions total (50 code,50 design/install) and a time limit of 2hrs and 2hrs (Journeyman Exam)
- Exam requires a 70% to pass.
- To schedule your exams, contact the board at (603) 223-4289
Books and References for the Exam
These books are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references ARE allowed in the testing center:
- National Electrical Code
- American Electricians Handbook
- Ugly's Electrical References
- The National Electrical Code Handbook
- State Laws (Free, printable)
Exam Review Education
Our complete exam review includes practice tests, highlighting guides, calculations, test taking tips and instructor support. The practice tests only option includes practice tests, test taking tips and instructor support. Our electrical practice includes over 400 real NEC questions. Each time you take the practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
15 hours of continuing education on each new code edition is required every three years for both licenses. We offer this online.
None at this time.