Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Gas Fitter field? Study at home for your Alabama Gas Fitter license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Alabama Application Processing$149.99 – $249.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Alabama Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Alabama Gas Fitter License (Master/Journeyman)$65.99
Pre-approval is required to sit for this examination through the Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board. After approval is granted, you have 30 days in which to take your examination. Journeyman Gas Fitter- Requires 2 years registration as apprentice or or completed Board approved apprentice training program to take required exam. Master Gas Fitter- Requires 1 year certification as journeyman gas fitter to take the required exam. We offer review for this exam by online practice tests. Each time you take a test, the questions are randomly generated fro…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Journeyman Gas Fitter: A person who engages in or works at the actual installation, repair, or replacement of gas work, who has successfully fulfilled the examination requirements of the board, has been issued a journeyman gas fitter certificate by the board, and possesses a valid and current annual certificate issued by the board. The certificate shall be available for inspection on request.
Master Gas Fitter: Any person engaged in or proposing to engage in the business of contracting to do, or of superintending the installation, maintenance, or repair of gas systems or gas work, either or both. The individual shall qualify to be a certified master gas fitter. If the business be a firm or corporation, at least one active employee of the firm or corporation shall be a duly registered and certified master gas fitter, actively and continuously connected with the conduct of said business. The master gas fitter shall have in his or her possession a current annual certificate issued by the board. The certificate shall be available for inspection on request.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval IS required to sit for this examination through the Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board.
- After approval is granted, you have 30 days in which to take your examination.
- Journeyman Gas Fitter- Requires 2 years registration as apprentice or or completed Board approved apprentice training program to take required exam.
- Master Gas Fitter- Requires 1 year certification as journeyman gas fitter to take the required exam.
Applying For Your License
Master Gas Fitter- $160
Journeyman Gas Fitter- $110
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The exam is open-book, with 50 questions and a 2-hour time limit. (Journeyman)
- The exam is open-book, with 75 questions and a 3-hour time limit. (Master)
- Exams happen approximately once every quarter.
- Topics include terminology and fundamentals, theory, materials, appliances, pipe sizing, pipe installation, venting, combustion air, special requirements, plans and analysis.
- To schedule your exams, contact PSI at (800) 733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- International Fuel Gas Code 2015
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters (Allowed into Master Exam only. Not allowed into the Journeyman Exam)
- Alabama Code: Plumbers and Gas Fitters, Chapter 37
- Rules of the Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we offer review for this exam by online practice tests. Each time you take a test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. To order, click the Buy Now link below or call 800-952-0910.
As of this time, there is no continuing education for this license
Alabama has no reciprocity agreements for this license. Applicants with an active license in another state may use that license to qualify to take this exam; otherwise all applicants must start at the Apprentice level.