Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVAC field? Study at home for your Arkansas HVAC exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arkansas HVAC/R Class A/B Professional – Books Only Package$470.96
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Arkansas Application Processing$99.99 – $299.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Arkansas Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- An Arkansas HVAC/R Class A license covers unlimited size or capacity of HVACR work.
- An Arkansas HVAC/R Class B license covers work on HVACR systems to 15-ton capacity per unit cooling, 15-hp capacity per unit refrigeration, and heating systems with input ratings to 1 million btu/hr.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To obtain an HVAC/R Contractor's license, the Contractor's Business and Law exam must also be passed.
- Applicants are required to show two years of experience.
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for the exam.
Applying For Your License
To apply for a license, contact the Arkansas Department of Health at 1-501-661-2642. Your application must be processed before sitting for the exam.
- The license fee for the Class A license is $200.00 per year.
- The license fee for the Class B license is $150.00 per year.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Arkansas HVAC/R Class A exam has 100 questions and has a time limit of 4 hours while the Arkansas HVAC/R Class B exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 3 hours.
- The examinations are OPEN book.
- A score of 70% is needed to pass.
- To schedule an examination, visit provexam.com
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the Arkansas HVAC/R Class A and B examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractors bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2006 Arkansas Gas Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2010 Arkansas Mechanical Code
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Manual J-Abridged, 8th
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. Please continue to check back with us as we are always developing new programs.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
The Arkansas Department of Labor and Licensing’s State HVAC/R Board has no reciprocal licensing agreements with any other state licensing Boards for HVAC/R licensing at this time.