Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Arkansas Plumbing exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arkansas Water and Sewer Line – Books Only Package$248.96
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Arkansas Application Processing$99.99 – $299.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Arkansas Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- The Arkansas Water and Sewer Line License is not a statewide license; it will only be valid for water and/ or sewer services of customers under the purview of the verifying utility. Working outside your authorized area may result in license revocation.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Applicants are required to provide a letter from the verifying utility with their state application stating that they are currently extending or renovating in a major service area. Or, have other justifications that necessitate the issuance of this license type.
- All applicants shall be examined by the Plumbing and Natural Gas Section of the Arkansas Department of Health to determine competency to perform as a Restricted Water and Sewer Service Line Installation Plumber and on the regulations that may affect the operation.
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for the exam
Applying For Your License
To apply for a license the Arkansas Department of Health can be contacted by at 1-800-462-0599, or by visiting the Plumbing & Natural Gas information section of their website. Your application must be processed before sitting for the exam.
- The Application Fee is $125.00.
- Licensing Fee is $200.00.
- The average processing time for applications is one month.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately complete your state application.
- The Arkansas Water and Sewer Line Exam has 30 questions with a time limit of 75 minutes.
- The examinations are OPEN book.
- A score of 70% is needed to pass.
- The fee for examinations is built into the licensing fee.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the Arkansas Master and Journeyman Plumbing examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- Code of Federal Regulations – 29 CFR Part 1926 (OSHA)
- International Plumbing Code 2015
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Installation Guide for Ductile Iron Pipe
The following reference is a Public Information Document made available by the American Concrete Pipe Association. Once printed is allowed to be taken into the exam.
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. Please continue to check back with us as we are always developing new programs.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.