Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Arkansas Plumbing exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arkansas Plumbing Professional – Books Only Package$180.98
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Arkansas Application Processing$99.99 – $299.99
@HomePrep Application Processing is here to ensure your application to become a state licensed contractor gets filled out correctly and promptly. We provide a professional service ensuring your privacy and comfort throughout the entire process. Following your purchase of the Arkansas Application Processing our AP Coordinator will contact you to discuss the next steps. If you have any questions please call us at 800-952-0910. We look forward to working with you.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- An Arkansas Master Plumbing License covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping.
- An Arkansas Journeyman Plumbing license covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping while under the supervision of a Master Plumber.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- To obtain a Plumbing Contractor's license, the Contractor's Business and Law exam must also be passed.
- Applicants are required to show 5 years of experience to obtain a Master license and to obtain a Journeyman license applicants must show 4 years of experience.
- Journeyman must hold their license for 1 year before applying for a Master license.
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for the exam
Applying For Your License
To apply for a license, contact the Arkansas Department of Health at 1-501-661-2642. Your application must be processed before sitting for the exam.
- The fee for a Master license is $200.00 per year.
- The fee for a Journeyman license is $75.00 per year.
- The fee for an Apprentice license is $25.00 per year.
- The average processing time for applications is 1 month.
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The Arkansas Plumbing exam has 50 questions and a time limit of 4 hours.
- The examinations are OPEN book.
- A score of 70% is needed to pass.
- The fee for examinations is built into the licensing fee.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the Arkansas Master and Journeyman Plumbing examinations. These references may be purchased from our online contractor's bookstore or by calling 1-800-952-0910.
- 2006 Arkansas Gas Code
- 2006 Arkansas Plumbing Code
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. Please continue to check back with us as we are always developing new programs.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.