Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Maryland Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Maryland Plumber/Gasfitter License – Books Only Package
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Master Plumbing License covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping.
A Journeyman Plumbing license covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping while under the supervision of a Master Plumber.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Contractors who are "insured to contract" must maintain coverage of at least $400,000 per occurrence.
- Journeyman Plumbers must show four years of experience as an apprentice and complete a 32 hour back flow course.
- Master Plumbers must have two years of experience as a Journeyman.
Applying For Your License
Journeyman application fee: $35.00 - Master application fee: $70.00
To apply for the Plumbing Contractor license, contact:
Maryland Board of Plumbers
500 North Calvert Street, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
- The Maryland Master Plumber/Gasfitter Exam has 100 questions and a time limit of 4 hours.
- A 75% is required to pass.
- The fee for the exam is $65 and pre-approval is required.
- Topics on the exam include plumbing fundamentals and safety; materials, uses, and specifications; traps, interceptors, and backwater valves; plumbing fixtures, fixture fittings, and plumbing appliances; water supply systems; backflow prevention; drain, waste, and vent systems; gas appliances and piping; and plumbing mathematics.
- To schedule your exams, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 National Standard Plumbing Code
- NFPA 54 - 2012 National Fuel Gas Code
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Backflow Prevention: Theory and Practice
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
Exam Review Education
At this time, we are not offering an exam review course for this license.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
There are no reciprocal agreements for this license as of this time.