Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Virginia Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Virginia Farm Improvement Contracting Exam Review$164.99
This license includes installation, repair or improvement of a nonresidential farm building or structure, or nonresidential farm accessory-use structure, or additions thereto. Our program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. There are optional practice tests as well. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Farm Improvement Contracting (Abbr: FIC) means that service which provides for the installation, repair or improvement of a nonresidential farm building or structure, or nonresidential farm accessory-use structure, or additions thereto. The CBC classification also provides for this function. The FIC specialty does not provide for any electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or gas fitting functions.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
The Virginia Farm Improvement Contracting Exam is required to be passed if you are applying for the FIC classification.
- Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
- In addition, an 8 Hour Pre-Licensing Course is required to be completed to become licensed as a Class A, B, or C contractor.
- A Virginia Class A, B, or C license is required to be obtained along with passing this exam.
Applying For Your License
Applications for licensure can be obtained from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation State Board for Contractors by calling 1-804-367-8511.
- The Farm Improvement Contracting Exam has 40 questions and a time limit of 90 minutes.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Fee for this exam is $85.
- Topics on the Examination include Excavating and Site Work, General Concrete, Masonry, Rough Carpentry and Metal Framing, Manufactured Trusses, Roofing and Siding, and Safety.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore.
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
- Modern Masonry
- Pipe and Excavation Contracting
- Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Virginia Farm Improvement Contracting Examination in a home study/online course format. The fee for the online class is $149.99. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program is fully narrated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
There are no continuing education requirements as of this time.
As of this time, there is no reciprocal licensing.