Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Arizona Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Arizona Insulation (C-40/R-40)$164.99
To become a licensed Commercial or Residential Insulation Contractor in the state of Arizona, you are required to pass an open-book exam. We offer the books, tabs, and a fully online and inclusive educational course to prepare you to sit for the C-40/R-40 Contractors exam. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the following work:
- Insulation materials, including radiant barriers
- Preformed architectural acoustical materials
- Insulation protecting materials
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- 2 years of experience is required.
- Please note that the Arizona Statutes and Rules Exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractor’s license.
- Workers compensation insurance is required if you employ at least 1 person.
Must carry a Bond
- Residential Specialty Contractors:
- If the scope of work is less than $375,000, the bond must be $4,250
- If the scope of work is $375,000 or more, the bond must be $7,500
- Commercial Specialty Contractors:
- If the scope of work is $150,000 or less, the bond must be $2,500
- If the scope of work is in excess of $150,000 but not more than $500,000, the bond must be $7,000
- If the scope of work is in excess of $500,000 but not more than one million, the bond must be $17,500
- If the scope of work is in excess of one million but not more than five million, the bond must be $25,000
- If the scope of work is in excess of five million but not more than ten million, the bond must be $37,500
- If the scope of work is over ten million, the bond must be $50,000
- Dual license bond amounts are calculated by combining the amount required for residential and commercial.
Applying For Your License
To apply, contact the Arizona Registrar of Contractors at 1-602-542-1525. Licenses are good for 2 years. Licenses are generally granted within 40-60 days.
- Application fees:
- C- 40- $580
- R-40- $720
- CR-40- $850
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- The fee for the exam is $66 when taking 1 portion or $116 when taking 2 portions (business management and the trade).
- The exam has 30 questions and a time limit of 75 minutes.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include General Knowledge and Theory, Spray-On Application, Batt/Roll Insulation, Blown or Loose-Fill Insulation, Rigid-Board and Reflective Insulation, Vapor Retarders, and OSHA Safety.
- Examinations can be scheduled through PSI by calling 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are recommended to study for the examination. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references ARE PERMITTED to be used during the exam.
- OSHA Part 1926
- Insulation Handbook
- Carpentry and Building Construction
Exam Review Education
The program takes you through each one of the reference books allowed into the exam, showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented.