Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Nevada Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Nevada Masonry Contractor (C-18) / Concrete Contractor (C-5) Exam Review$164.99
To qualify to take this license exam, pre-approval is required. Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license and must also submit 4 reference certificates concerning their work experience and submit to a background check. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. @HomePr…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A person who holds a classification C-18 license may select, cut and lay brick, other baked clay products, rough cut and dressed stone, artificial stone, precast blocks and structural glass brick or block at random or in courses, with or without mortar. He or she may not apply tile to existing surfaces. The board will grant to qualified applicants a license in the specialty of masonry. The board designates such a license as a “classification C-18” license.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval is required.
- Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license.
- Applicants must also submit 4 reference certificates concerning their work experience and submit to a background check.
- All contractors are required to obtain a bond.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Application fee is $600.
Applying For Your License
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267).
- 50 questions and 2 hour time limit.
- 70% is required to pass the exam.
- Topics on the exam include Safety, Concrete Block, Brick, Specialty Masonry, Mortar and Grout.
- $95 for just the trade exam, or $140 for both the trade and the Contractor Management Survey Exam.
- *Contract Managment Survey Exam is also required to be passed.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2012 International Building Code
- ACI 530/530.1-11 or ACI 530/530.1-13 (2011 or 2013): Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures and Companion Commentaries
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the examination.
- OSHA 1926
- Modern Masonry
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Masonry Contractor (C-18) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program narrated and animated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
Depends on your jurisdiction.
There are limited reciprocity agreements with California, Arizona, and Utah. Applicants must have at least 7 years of experience.