Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your New Mexico Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
New Mexico Masonry – GS-16$164.99
A Masonry License is required in New Mexico for any job that involves the trade. Anyone seeking to become a contractor in New Mexico is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. The applicant must submit a bond for $500 to $5,000 (depending on the anticipated dollar level of projects in the state), cash collateral or audited financial statement. Applicants qualifying agent must provide proof of required experience (2 years or 4,000 hours). @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course …
Requirements To Complete
About This License
GS-16 Masonry licensees may install or erect brick and other baked clay products, rough cut and dressed stone, artificial stone and pre-cast blocks, structural glass brick or block adobe, laid at random or in courses, with or without mortar, to form masonry walls, anchored stone or masonry veneer, including building walls, freestanding walls six feet or higher and retaining walls. Does not include the execution, fabrication and erecting of poured cement and concrete, except as a foundation for a wall.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- A Masonry License is required in New Mexico for any job that involves the trade.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in New Mexico is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- The applicant must submit a bond for $500 to $5,000 (depending on the anticipated dollar level of projects in the state), cash collateral or audited financial statement.
- Applicants qualifying agent must provide proof of required experience (2 years or 4,000 hours).
Applying For Your License
The application fee is $30.00, licensing fee is $30.00 and the annual renewal fee is $50.00.
Applications for all types of contractor's licenses are available from:
Contractors Licensing Service, Inc.
3211 Coors Blvd. SW, Suite D-4
Albuquerque, NM 87121
- 60 questions
- 180 minutes
- Contact PSI to schedule your exam at 800 733-9267
- Exam Topics include: Estimating and Plan Reading, Unit Masonry, Mortar and Grout, Accessories, Stone, Tools, Restoration and Cleaning, and Safety.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
- OSHA 1926
- Modern Masonry - Brick, Block, Stone
- ACI 530/530.1-11 or ACI 530/530.1-13 (2011 or 2013)
- 2015 New Mexico Commercial Building Code (NMAC 14.7.2)
- 2015 New Mexico Residential Building Code (NMAC 14.7.3)
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the exam in an online training format. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
None at this time.