Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Mississippi Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Mississippi Master Electrical License Exam Review$219.99
Anyone seeking to become a Master Electrician contractor in Mississippi is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Mississippi Master Electrical License Examination Materials:
- 2014 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70
- 29 CFR OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations & Standards, January 2023 Edition
- Ugly’s Electrical References 2023
- 2014 National Electrical Code Tabs
- OSHA Part 1926 Tabs
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A licensed electrical contractor (master electrician) in Mississippi can perform unlimited electrical
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Anyone seeking to become a Master Electrician contractor in Mississippi is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Applicants are required to submit a CPA reviewed financial statement. This statement must document a net worth of at least $50,000.
Applying For Your License
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Mississippi State Board of Contractors by calling 1-800-880-6161. The licensing and application fee is $200.00.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 80 questions and an 3-hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $120 for 1 portion or $240 for two portions of testing.
- Topics on the exam include general electrical knowledge; services, feeders, and branch circuits; grounding and bonding; conductors and cables; raceways and boxes; special occupancies and special equipment; electrical power; motors; low voltage; lighting; illuminated signs; fire detection and alarm systems; safety information; and overcurrent protection.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Ugly’s Electrical References
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the electrical exam in an online training format. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
There is none at this time.
Currently an agreement with Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Alabama.