Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVAC field? Study at home for your Mississippi HVAC license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Mississippi Mechanical Contractor License Exam Review$219.99
Anyone seeking to become a Mechanical contractor in Mississippi is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade. he program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math analysis portion. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 c…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A licensed mechanical contractor plumber in Mississippi can perform all aspects of heating, cooling, refrigeration, associated equipment piping and ductwork, plumbing, fuel gas, and fire sprinklers.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Anyone seeking to become a Mechanical contractor in Mississippi is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Applicants are required to submit a CPA reviewed financial statement. This statement must document a net worth of at least $20,000.
Applying For Your License
An application for licensure can be obtained from the Mississippi State Board of Contractors by calling 1-800-880-6161. The licensing and application fee is $200.00.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 80 questions and an 3-hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $120 for 1 portion or $240 for two portions of testing.
- Topics on the exam include piping; insulation; hangers and supports; sound, vibration and seismic control; heating and cooling principles; refrigerants and refrigeration; load calculations; testing, adjusting and balancing; controls; A/C and heat pump equipment; furnaces and heaters; chimneys, flues and vents; combustion air; fuel gas systems; LP gas systems; ducts; boilers and hydronics; machine room; evaporative cooling; and safety.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- ACCA Ductulator
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible
- Manual N
- Manual D
- NFPA 58 – Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
- NFPA 13 – Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- Pipefitters Handbook
Exam Review Education
Online Training: The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math analysis portion. The program narrated and animated.
There is none at this time.
Currently an agreement with South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Alabama.