The state of Minnesota does not require a General Contractor license. However, Electrical and Residential Building are regulated at the state level in Minnesota. To apply for a Residential Building Contractors license, please contact the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry at 651-284-5065. To apply for an electrical license, please contact the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry at 651-284-5064.
Please select the license/exam that you are interested in.
Minnesota Electrical License (Contractor, Master, Journeyman) Exam Review$219.99
Electrical Contractors must provide a $5,000 bond, show evidence of liability insurance, and a certificate of employment of a master electrician. Masters license requires 60 months of electrical experience or an electrical engineering degree. Journeyman license requires 48 months of electrical experience or 36 months experience with a degree in electrical construction. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly g…
Minnesota Residential Continuing Education (14 Hours)$97.99
The renewal approval for this course is currently pending. Please check back soon for updates.
Residential Building, Remodelers and Roofers are required to take 14 hours per license period. 1 Hour must be in energy. Course options and topics: 2012 IRC, 2012 IBC, Minnesota Rules and Laws, Workplace Saftey, Business Practices, Blue Print Analysis, Energy, Lead Safe Practicies. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you –…
Minnesota Residential Building Contractor License – Books Only Package
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Radon Mitigation Technology$475.99
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI. Entry Level course to become certified in Radon Mitigation in the United States.
- The instruction is audio based, with online course manual, resources, new ANSI-AARST Standards, and quizzes to reinforce the material.
- It also includes a field exercise program tailored to your experience level.
- @ HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yo…
Radon and Radon Decay Product Measurement Course$325.99
This course is offered in partnership with CERTI. Entry Level course which includes training required for becoming certified in radon measurement.
- This popular online course was recently updated (May 2021) to include video of a classroom session, and the new ANSI-AARST Standards.
- Includes many extras including business resources and online quiz questions designed to help you prepare for the national certification exam.
- Students also have access to the audio version of the course.
- This course is also a p…