Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your West Virginia Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
West Virginia Multi-Family Building License – Books Only Package$492.96
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
“Multifamily contractor” means a person who is engaged in the construction, repair or improvement of a multifamily residential structure. “Multifamily residential structure” means a structure containing two or more residential units.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
A Multifamily Building License is required in West Virginia when the project exceeds $1,000.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in West Virginia is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Proof of workers compensation, tax registration, and employment security coverage is required.
- Licenses are good for one year.
Applying For Your License
- An application for licensure can be obtained from the West Virginia Contractor Licensing Board by calling 1-304-558-7890.
- The licensing and application fee is $90.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at (855) 539-0708.
- 74 questions and an 3 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $47.50.
- This exam will cover: Plan reading and estimating, safety (OSHA), sitework, concrete, masonry, structural steel, carpentry, roofing and associated trades (including siding, insulation, doors,
windows and finishes).
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not offer any review for this exam.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.