Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Gas Fitter field? Study at home for your New Mexico Gas Fitter license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
New Mexico Natural Gas Fitting Contractor License (MM-2) – Books Only Package$355.96
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Natural Gas Fitting Contractor services include installation of natural gas appliances, or service and maintenance work on any part of the gas system.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- A Natural Gas Fitting Contractors license is required in New Mexico for any job that involves the trade.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in New Mexico is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- The applicant must submit a bond for $500 to $5,000 (depending on the anticipated dollar level of projects in the state), cash collateral or audited financial statement.
- Applicants qualifying agent must provide proof of required experience (2-4 years depending on classification).
- The applicant must also submit a certificate of competence.
Applying For Your License
The application fee is $30.00, licensing fee is $30.00 and the annual renewal fee is $50.00.
Applications for all types of contractor's licenses are available from:
Contractors Licensing Service, Inc.
3211 Coors Blvd. SW, Suite D-4
Albuquerque, NM 87121
- The New Mexico MM-2 Natural Gas Fitting Exam has 100 questions and a time limit of 250 minutes.
- A 75% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include general knowledge and principles; piping; gas sizing; controls and testing; appliances; combustion air; chimneys, flues, vents; heating systems.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 Uniform Mechanical Code
- New Mexico Liquid Waste Disposal Regulations
- IPT's Pipe Trades Handbook
- 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
- New Mexico Plumbing Code
- New Mexico Mechanical Code
- NFPA 30A - Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages
Exam Review Education
As of this time we do not offer any classes for this content. Please check back in the future for possible material. However, we do stock all of the recommended references in our online bookstore.
Not required at this time.
None at this time.