Please contact our office at 800-952-0910 for questions, or to inquire about a title you cannot find.
The following references are recommended for the North Carolina Residential Builder exam. However, the only references that can be taken into the exam are:
- North Carolina Administration Code
- North Carolina Residential Code
- North Carolina Business and Project Management for Contractors
- North Carolina OSHA
Carpentry and Building Construction 16th Edition$79.99
This newly revised edition includes content from McGraw-Hill Construction, where the professionals stay informed on the latest industry developments.
Contractor’s Guide To Quality Concrete Construction$99.99
Written by and for contractors, this publication provides insight into proven construction practices that will produce quality concrete construction. Contents include organizing for quality, concrete mixture designs, specifications, foundations, formwork,
Roofing Construction & Estimating Revised$49.99
Installation, repair and estimating for nearly every type of roof covering available today in residential and commercial structures: asphalt shingles, roll roofing, wood shingles and shakes, clay tile, slate, metal, built-up, and elastomeric.
Guide to Handling, Installing, Bracing Wood Trusses – 2018$30.99
Building Component Safety Information Book
The “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete” (“Code”) provides minimum requirements for the materials, design, and detailing of structural concrete buildings and, where applicable, nonbuilding structures. This Code addresses structural systems, members, and connections, including cast-in-place, precast, plain, nonprestressed, prestressed, and composite construction. Among the subjects covered are: design and construction for strength, serviceability, and durability; load combinations, load factors, and strength reduction factors; structural analysis methods; deflection limits; mechanical and adhesive anchoring to concrete; development and splicing of reinforcement; construction document information; field inspection and testing; and methods to evaluate the strength of existing structures. “Building Code Requirements for Concrete Thin Shells” (ACI 318.2) is adopted by reference in this Code.The Code user will find that ACI 318-14 has been substantially reorganized and reformatted from previous editions. The principal objectives of this reorganization are to present all design and detailing requirements for structural systems or for individual members in chapters devoted to those individual subjects, and to arrange the chapters in a manner that generally follows the process and chronology of design and construction. Information and procedures that are common to the design of members are located in utility chapters.
North Carolina General, Contractors Guide to Business, Law – 9th edition$81.99
This book is organized into three sections. Part 1 focuses on planning and starting your business. Part 2 Covers fundamentals you will need to know in order to operate a successful construction business. Part 3 provides valuable information to assist you.
Modern Masonry, 9th Edition$137.99
North Carolina State Building Code: Administrative Code and Policies 2018 – Loose Leaf$42.99
Includes all of the administrative codes and policies of the 2015 North Carolina State Building Codes.
North Carolina State Building Code: Residential Code 2018 – Loose Leaf$153.99
This is a fully integrated code based on the 2015 International Residential Code.
North Carolina Residential Builder License Complete Package$386.95
North Carolina Residential Builder License Complete Package includes the following:
- North Carolina Residential Builder License Exam Review
- North Carolina OSHA
- North Carolina State Building Code: Building Code, 2018
- North Carolina State Building Code: Administrative Code and Policies, 2018
- Contractor’s Guide to Business, Law and Project Management- North Carolina General Contractors
- North Carolina Residential Contractor Permanent Tabs
The following reference materials are NOT allowed in the examination center:
- Carpentry and Building Construction
- Roofing Construction & Estimating
- Modern Masonry
- Pipe and Excavation, Contracting
- The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
- BCSI: Guide to Good Practice for Handling, Installing, Restraining, and Bracing of Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses
- North Carolina Administrative Code, Title 15A, Chapter 4 Sedimentation Control, including the latest amendments pdf
- North Carolina General Statues Chapter 113A, Article 4 Sedimentation Population Control Act of 1973, including the latest amendments, Sections 113A-50 to 113A-67 pdf
- Law and Regulations Applicable to General Contracting in the state of North Carolina
North Carolina OSHA$62.99
North Carolina Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) for the Construction Industry provides all of the safety codes for the state of North Carolina.
Compliance in the construction industry is made easier with this comprehensive 29 CFR 1926 book.
North Carolina Residential Contractor Permanent Tabs$42.99
PERMANENT TABS PACKAGE – This package includes permanent tabs for all references allowed to be used during the exam.