Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Gas Fitter field? Study at home for your Nevada Gas Fitter license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Nevada Pipes and Vents for Gas Contractor (C-1G)$164.99
To qualify to take this license exam, pre-approval is required. Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the installation of pipes from the source of supply of liquefied petroleum and natural gas into a building or structure and the installation of the related vents.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Pre-approval is required.
- Applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4 years of experience within the past 10 years to qualify for a license.
- Monetary limits are set based on financial standing.
- All contractors are required to obtain a $1,000 - $500,000 bond. The amount is based on license type, monetary limit, past, present, and future financial responsibility, and experience.
- All contractors are required to carry worker’s compensation insurance.
- Application fee is $600.
- Contractor Management Survey Exam (Business and Law Exam) is also required to be passed.
Applying For Your License
Obtain an Application for a Contractor’s License from any office of the Nevada State Contractors Board or by telephone from the Nevada State Contractors Board’s 24-hour automated public information line at (775) 688-1141 or (702) 486-1100, or via the Nevada State Contractors Board Web site, www.nscb.state.nv.us. Submit the application, the application processing fee ($300), and all required documents to either office the Nevada State Contractors Board. There is a $300 application fee and $300 licensing fee.
- The testing company is PSI (1-800-733-9267)
- 50 questions and 2 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- Topics on the exam include Natural Gas Piping, LP Gas Piping, Chimneys Flues and Vents, Appliance Installation, Sizing and Estimating, Testing and Inspection, Combustion Air
- $85 for just the trade exam, or $130 for both the trade and the Contractor Management Survey Exam
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted.
- 2012 Uniform Mechanical Code
- 2012 NFPA 54 - Standard for National Fuel Gas Code
- 2014 NFPA 58 - Standard for Liquid Petroleum Gas Code
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Nevada Pipes and Vents for Gas Contractor (C-1G) exam in home study/tutorial format. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. The program narrated and animated. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
As of this time, there is no continuing education for this license.
Nevada has a reciprocity agreement with California, Arizona, and Utah. There is no reciprocity for the plumbing and electrical trades.