Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your West Virginia Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
West Virginia Plumbing Contractor License – Books Only Package$419.97
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- Master plumber means a person with at least twelve thousand (12,000) hours of plumbing work experience and who is competent to design plumbing systems, and to instruct and supervise the plumbing work of journeyman plumbers, and plumbers in training.
- Journeyman plumber means a person qualified by at least eight thousand hours (8,000) of plumbing or related experience and who is competent to instruct and supervise the work of a plumber in training.
- Plumber in training means a person with interest in and an aptitude for performing plumbing work but who alone is not capable of performing plumbing work, and who has fewer than eight thousand hours (8,000) of plumbing experience.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
A Plumbing Contractors License is required in West Virginia when the project exceeds $1,000.
- Anyone seeking to become a contractor in West Virginia is required to sit for two exams, business and law and the trade.
- Proof of workers compensation, tax registration, and employment security coverage is required.
- Licenses are good for one year.
Applying For Your License
An application for licensure can be obtained from the West Virginia Contractor Licensing Board by calling 1-304-558-7890. The licensing and application fee is $90.
- To schedule your exam, contact ProV at 1-866-720-7768.
- 80 questions and an 3 hour time limit
- 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam fee is $42.
- Topics on the exam include general knowledge, code requirements, plumbing fixtures, waste piping, sanitary vents, fuel gas, safety-OSHA, and isometrics.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- Plumbing Basics for Contractors
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not offer any review for this exam.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.