Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVACR field? Study at home for your Oklahoma HVACR license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Oklahoma Process Piping Journeyman$164.99
Journeyman License Requirements: The applicant must submit an application to the state licensing board to obtain approval to take the exam. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age with at least 3 years of experience. We offer review for the Oklahoma Process Piping Journeyman exam in an online format. This course includes highlighting guides and practice quizzes for the reference materials allowed into the examination. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are h…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Process Piping Journeyman License covers the installation, repair, alteration or extension of the piping and tubing which conveys liquids or gases which is used directly in research, laboratory, or production processes only while in the employ of a process piping contractor.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
Journeyman License Requirements
- The first step in the licensing process is to submit an application to the state licensing board to obtain approval to take the exam.
- The Journeyman is not required to take the Mechanical Business and Law Exam
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- 3 years of experience
- There are no state mandated minimum financial requirements for this license
Applying For Your License
- An application for licensure can be obtained from the State of Oklahoma Construction Industries Board by calling 405-271-5217.
- The application and licensing fee is $75.
- To take the exam, you must be pre-approved by the state.
- The exam has 35 questions and a time limit of 2 hours.
- A score of 70% is needed to pass.
- The exam fee is $100.
- Topics on the exam include General Knowledge and Definitions, Plan Reading, Pipe Materials, Uses, and Properties, Piping Installation and Fitting, Hangers and Supports, Valves and Controls, and Safety
- Journeyman licensees are not required to take the Mechanical Business and Law Exam.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Pipefitter’s Handbook
The following references are NOT permitted to be taken into the examination.
- OSHA 1926
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the Oklahoma Process Piping Journeyman exam in an online format. This course includes highlighting guides and practice quizzes for the reference materials allowed into the examination. For more information, or to order, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
6 hours of continuing education are required every 3 years.
Reciprocity is considered on a case by case basis.