Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the HVAC field? Study at home for your South Carolina HVAC license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
South Carolina Refrigeration Contractor – IMC Practice Tests$98.99
This license allows the installation, replacement, alteration, and repair of refrigeration equipment and systems used for processing, storage, and display of food products and other perishable commodities and commercial, industrial, and manufacturing processes requiring refrigeration, excluding comfort air conditioning. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license allows the installation, replacement, alteration, and repair of refrigeration equipment and systems used for processing, storage, and display of food products and other perishable commodities and commercial, industrial, and manufacturing processes requiring refrigeration, excluding comfort air conditioning.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Please note that the Commercial Business and Law Exam must be passed in addition to the trade exam.
- Two years of residential and/or commercial experience within the last 5 years is required to qualify to test.
Applying For Your License
$350 for a 2-year license and $175 for one year.
Licensing Board for Contractors
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, SC 29211
- 50 questions and a time limit of three hours
- A score of 70% (35 questions correct) is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $75
- Topics include: Code Compliance, HARV General, HARV Maintenance, HARV Controls, Piping-General, Piping - Dimensioning and Design, Safety
- To schedule an examination, contact PSI Examination services at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- Carrier Design Manual PART 3
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- OSHA 1926
- Pipefitter's Handbook
Exam Review Education
We are currently in the process of developing courseware for the South Carolina Refrigeration Contractor License. We do however stock all of the state approved reference materials. For more information, contact our office at 1-800-952-0910.
There are no requirements for continuing education as of this time.
HVAC agreements are in effect with Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.