Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Electrical field? Study at home for your Texas Electrical license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Texas Residential Appliance Installer Exam Prep$219.99
Texas Residential Appliance Installer Examination Materials:
- 2023 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70
- 2020 National Electrical Code – NFPA 70
- 2020 National Electrical Code Pre-Printed Tabs
Requirements To Complete
About This License
A Residential Appliance Installation Contractor is a person or entity licensed as a residential appliance installation contractor that is in the business of residential appliance installations. A Residential Appliance Installer is a licensed individual who performs electrical work limited to residential appliance installation on behalf of a Residential Appliance Installation Contractor. FAQ
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
You must first apply to TDLR before taking the exam. After your application has been accepted, PSI will notify you on how to schedule your examination.
No work experience verification required.
Applying For Your License
To apply for license, please contact the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at 1-512-463-6599.
- The exam has 80 questions and a time limit of 240 minutes.
- A 70% is required to pass.
- Topics on the exam include Definitions and Theory, GFCI Protection and Equipment Grounding and Bonding, Electrical Wiring Methods and Electrical Materials, Electrical Equipment and Devices, Motors, Electrical Control Devices and Disconnecting Means, Swimming Pool, Spas and Fountain Equipment.
- To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 800-733-9267. The exam is $64.
Books and References for the Exam
The following reference is permitted to be used during the exam. It is available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2020 National Electrical Code
Exam Review Education
We offer review for the electrical exam in an online training format. The course includes highlighting guides, practice tests, theory, calculations, instructor support and test taking tips/strategies. Each time you take a practice test, the questions are randomly generated from our database. Therefore, you will never see the same test twice, guaranteeing you the best review possible for your examination.
Four hours of board approved education are required per year.
For information on how to complete your CEU, click here.