Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Evansville Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Evansville, Indiana Residential General Contractor Exam Review$164.99
Applicants must present 3 letters of recommendation and a Notarized Criminal Record History form. The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here t…
Requirements To Complete
About This License
This license covers the construction, remodeling, repair, or improvement of one or two family residences not exceeding two stories in height.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Notarized Criminal Record History form
Applying For Your License
Apply through the The city of Evansville's Building Commission.
- Contact Ivy Tech at (812) 429-1418 to schedule and pay required fee for the test.
- 100 questions
- 4 hour time limit (Part 1 - 2 hours Part 2 - 2 hours)
- 70% required to pass
- Topics include concrete, concrete reinforcement, masonry, carpentry, drywall, foundations, site work, safety, associated trades, and roofing.
Books and References for the Exam
These books are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references are allowed in the testing center:
- International Residential Code
- OSHA 1926
- Carpenrty and Building Construction
- Walker's Building Estimator's Refrence Book
- The Contractor's Guide to Qualtity Concrete Conctruction
- Modern Masonry
- Gypsum Construction Handbook
Exam Review Education
The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. Also, there is an extensive math and plans analysis portion. The program is narrated.
None at this time.
None at this time.