Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Alaska Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Alaska Residential Plumbing And Hydronic Heating Mechanical Administrator – Books Only Package$1,052.91
As of this time we do not offer any courses for this exam. We do offer all the required books for this exam here in one complete package. Individual books can be found in our bookstore. Please be sure to check back in the future for possible course material, as we are always adding to our course catalog.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Residential plumbing and hydronic heating work includes the installation, alteration, or retrofitting of plumbing, fixtures, and water conditioners for a single-family dwelling or a duplex dwelling not exceeding three stories; hot water heating systems not exceeding 50 P.S.I. working pressure for a single family dwelling, or a duplex dwelling not exceeding three stories; existing plumbing systems, including fixtures, softener installation, and accessories; fuel gas piping downstream of the gas meter, or fuel tank and fuel oil piping for a single-family dwelling or a duplex dwelling not exceeding three stories; and lawn sprinkler systems that are connected to a potable water supply, including excavation and backfilling as necessary for proper installation of the system.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- An applicant for a mechanical administrator license in the residential plumbing and hydronic heating category shall furnish proof satisfactory to the department that the applicant has practical experience as a journeyman in residential plumbing and hydronic heating work for at least two of the four years immediately preceding the date of the application.
Applying For Your License
New applications, $300 ($50 – nonrefundable application fee, $250 license fee). For changes, see fee schedule. Check or money order should be made payable to the State of Alaska.
Department of Community & Economic Development Division of Occupational Licensing
Contractor Registration Section
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811
If you need assistance with the application process, @ Home Prep- a division of Stautzenberger College can help you by saving you time and money. With our years of experience, we can quickly and accurately submit your application to your state.
- 100 questions and a time limit of 4 hours.
- Topics include: General knowledge, Alaska statutes and regulations, drainage, waste, vents, fuel gas, oil piping, water piping, backflow prevention, specialty plumbing, hydronic heating, and isometric analysis.
- A score of 70% is needed to pass.
- Exam fee is $150.
- The exam is given by PSI.
Books and References for the Exam
They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination.
- Alaska Centralized Statutes
- Alaska Centralized Regulations
- Alaska Construction Contractor Statutes and Regulations
- Alaska Mechanical Administrators Statutes and Regulations, July 2005 (Available to Print Online)
- Uniform Plumbing Code
- International Mechanical Code
- NFPA 54
- Low Pressure Boilers
References not allowed during the exam
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Modern Plumbing
- Residential Oil Burners
- Boiler Operator’s Guide
- IPT’s Pipe Trades Handbook
Exam Review Education
We do not offer training for this license at this time, please check later as we add more content.
8-hours of continuing education per renewal
Case by case basis.