Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Construction field? Study at home for your Kansas Construction license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Kansas Standard Roofing Contractor/Subcontractor Exam Review$164.99
The program takes you through each one of the reference books that the exam is based on showing you exactly what to highlight. After your highlighting is completed with each book, you have the option take an online practice test to reinforce concepts presented. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
Scope of Work: Roofing, re-roofing, roof insulation, and roof drainage fields as permitted by the IBC, IRC and IPC
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
Every "roofing contractor" must obtain a roofing contractor registration certificate from the Kansas Attorney General in order to legally provide commercial or residential roofing services for a fee in Kansas. More information here: https://ag.ks.gov/licensing/roofing-registration
Applying For Your License
- Certificate of liability insurance, which shall be not less than $500,000, and which shall list “Office of the Kansas Attorney General, 120 SW 10th Ave., Topeka, Kansas 66612” as the certificate holder;
- Certificate of workers’ compensation coverage or affidavit of exemption or selfinsurance; and
- Certificate of current tax clearance or letter from the Kansas Department of Revenue.
60 multiple-choice questions
Exam Provider: ICC
Books and References for the Exam
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
Other recommended books NOT allowed in exam:
- Roofing Construction and Estimating
- 2012 IRC