Obtain Your License
Pursuing a career in the Plumbing field? Study at home for your Connecticut Plumbing license exam with our fully online, user-friendly, and self-paced course.
Connecticut Unlimited Plumbing Contractor/Journeyperson License (P-1, P-2)$98.99
Please note the Business and Law Examination is required for ALL Contractor licenses. Requires experience of five years for masters, two years or 3,400 hours for residential, and four years or 6,800 hours for journeymen. As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. However, we do have practice tests available for the 2012 International Plumbing Code. @HomePrep is a National Leader in online education. With over 100,000 satisfied students and a course catalog of over 1,000 classes, we are here to help you – Invest in Yourself.
Requirements To Complete
About This License
- A Master Plumbing License covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping.
- A Journeyman Plumbing license covers unlimited plumbing work including sanitary drainage, water supply, storm drainage, and natural gas piping while under the supervision of a Master Plumber.
Requirements to Obtaining Your License
- Please note the Business and Law Examination is required for ALL Contractor licenses.
- Requires experience of five years for masters, two years or 3,400 hours for residential, and four years or 6,800 hours for journeymen.
Applying For Your License
The application fee for a Contractor's license is $75.00 while the application fee for a journeyperson license is $45.00.
- The Connecticut Unlimited Journeyperson Plumber exam has 70 questions and a time limit of 2 1/2 hours minutes while the Unlimited Plumbing Contractor exam has 80 questions and a time limit of 3 hours.
- Both examinations require a 70% to pass.
- Topics on both examinations include general plumbing regulations; gas systems; cleanouts; fixtures and equipment; water heaters; piping, valves, controls; water supply; hangers and supports; drain, waste, and vent; backflow; traps and interceptors; developed length; isometric analysis; joints and connections; safety and excavation; and water treatment.
- The fee for the exam is $65 and pre-approval is required.
- Please note that the Connecticut Business and Law exam is also required to be passed if you are wanting to obtain the contractor's license.
- To schedule your exams, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.
Books and References for the Exam
The following references are permitted to be taken into the examination. These references may be tabbed (with a permanent index tab) and highlighted. They are available for purchase from our online contractor’s bookstore or by calling our office at 1-800-952-0910.
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- NFPA 54 - 2012 National Fuel Gas Code
- NFPA 58 - 2014 National LP Gas Code
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Water Processing: Residential, Commercial, Light Industrial
- NFPA 56 (Current Edition)
The examination also pulls questions from the following references. However, these references are NOT permitted to be taken into the exam.
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Plumbing: Design and Installation
Exam Review Education
As of this time, we do not have a seminar or study guide available. However, we do have practice tests available for the 2012 International Plumbing Code. To enroll, click the following link or call our office toll free at 1-800-952-0910.
Plumbing Contractors/Journeypersons are required to have 7 hours continuing education within the two years prior the renewal of licensure.
There are no reciprocal agreements for this license as of this time.