Become a Physical Therapy Aide (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Prepare for a rewarding career as a valued member of the physical therapy team.
Prepare for a rewarding career as a valued member of the physical therapy team while learning all about the human body, specific disorders, and the way physical therapists treat these disorders. You will explore the history of physical therapy and the relationships between physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy aides. You will learn how to communicate effectively with other health care professionals and patients. You’ll also come to understand the medical documentation that physical therapists use and principles of ethics and law that affect the PT aide.
Physical therapists often use words and terms that may be unfamiliar to you, so this course will devote some time to learning much of the language of PT. You’ll learn proper body mechanics and how to safely move patients. You will come to understand the normal gait cycle and how to help patients walk with assistive devices like walkers, crutches, and canes. You will also investigate various balance and coordination disorders. By the time you finish this course, you’ll have gained valuable knowledge and be well on your way to becoming an important member of the physical therapy team!
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00