Computer Skills for the Workplace (Online Course)
Gain a working knowledge of the computer skills you will need to succeed in today’s job market.
Most jobs today require a working knowledge of certain computer skills. Employers seek and reward employees with the skills and knowledge to send messages across the country via e-mail; use a spreadsheet to create a graph and paste it into a report; add and edit data in a database; understand the implications of file sizes, memory limitations, and network arrangements; and recognize the function and features of modern computer components. Any job candidate who already possesses these skills will stand above those who do not.
This course is a great introduction to Windows 10 and Office 2016 and is designed to provide the fundamental computer competencies you need to survive and prosper in today’s fast-changing workplace. You will learn how to implement the powers of modern office software to work faster and more efficiently. This course will focus on practical application for software most common to the workplace. By the time you finish, you will have learned why employers consider technological literacy so critical to the success of any organization.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any edition of Microsoft Office Pro (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00
There are no contributions yet.