Build confidence in your ability to sign with the Deaf community. This course will teach you how to construct advanced conversations with ASL by implementing newly learned vocabulary.
Discover Sign Language II (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn to build phrases and sentences with vocabulary learned in Discover Sign Language 1, as well as learning new vocabulary. You will practice phrases and sentences by recording their own signing and uploading it for the instructor and classmates to review. Not only that, you will continue to explore the world of Deaf culture through gaining more information on the history of Deaf culture in the United States, famous Deaf individuals, and technological and legal implications on the modern-day Deaf community.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer operating systems.
- Mac: OS X Mountain Lion (version 10.8) or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Discover Sign Language 1 or equivalent.
Course Hours: 24.00