Intermediate Java Programming (Online Course)
Deepen your understanding of the Java programming language, and start writing programs that are more sophisticated and professional.
Deepen your understanding of the Java programming language, and start writing programs that are more sophisticated and professional. Learn how to save data permanently on a disk by writing it to a sequential data file. See how to read the file to get the data back and process it. Organize information using multiple classes in Java’s class hierarchy and inheritance. Explore some of the hundreds of classes that are built into the Java language. Find out how to create GUI applications in Java using tools like windows, menus, buttons, text boxes, check boxes, scroll bars, and other GUI tools.
Over the duration of this course, you’ll build several complete applications that combine these concepts. You’ll also use the knowledge you gain to solve programming problems included with the lessons–problems designed to help you master all the principles you learn.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Linux can also be used.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Java SE (Standard Edition) Development Kit (JDK) Version 5 or later, from Sun Microsystems.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Completion of Introduction to Java Programming (or equivalent experience).
Course Hours: 24.00