Intermediate PHP and MySQL (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Gain the skills to create a dynamic, interactive commercial online store using PHP and MySQL in this hands-on course. Walk through the steps for developing a complete online store web application, and leave the course with code templates that you can use to create your own unique online store.
Learn how to create an interactive online store complete with an online catalog of products, allowing customers to browse the catalog to select items, place them in a shopping cart, and complete an order. In this online course, you’ll see how to create a commercial online store using the PHP programming language and the MySQL database server.
You’ll walk through the steps for developing a complete online store web application. During the course, you’ll see step-by-step how to create all of the software and database objects used in the application. The application consists of two parts, an administrative web application allowing a store manager to post new products, alter product information, and process customer orders, and a customer web application allowing customers to browse the catalog of products, select products for purchase, and check out using a shopping cart. At the end of the course, you’ll be able to use these code templates to create your own online store application.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Macintosh users can’t use the Wampserver software and must provide their own PHP and MySQL development environment.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- A PHP and MySQL development environment (the first lesson in the course walks through installing the Wampserver software, which provides a full PHP and MySQL development environment in one package. You download Wampserver for free here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. Prior HTML coding experience is helpful, but not required.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00