Introduction to Chemistry (Online Course)
Gain a solid foundation in the basics of chemistry and see how everything that goes on in your body depends on a chemical reaction.
Even if chemistry tormented you in high school or college, you can master its principles! In this course, you’ll gain a solid foundation in the basics of chemistry. Along the way, you’ll learn how everything that goes on in your body depends on a chemical reaction.
You’ll gain interesting insights about your body’s use of food, the role of isotopes in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, nutritional deficiencies, the importance of enzymes, and the function of many specific chemicals in your body. This course also prepares you for a health-related career or for success in a college chemistry course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Course Hours: 24.00