Learn the fundamentals of PC and network security from this expert-developed course.
Introduction to PC Security (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Learn why you’re at risk and what you can do to protect your precious personal and business data from the outside world. This online course, will quickly bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of PC and network security.
You will understand and explore the vulnerability of operating systems, software, and networks. Then, you will get into the minds of hackers and crackers, developing an understanding of the exploits they use to access your computer without your knowledge. You will find out why, where and how viruses, worms, and blended threats are created. You will learn a safe way to handle files and data across the Internet through a virtual private network. By the end of this course you will be able to install and configure a firewall to build an impenetrable moat around your computer or network.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Applications must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
A familiarity with general computing terminology, an understanding of any operating system you are using (Mac, Windows, or Linux) and an ability to locate programs and change settings.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00