Introduction to Python 3 Programming (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Enhance your professional profile by adding Python to your programming skills.
The Python programming language was developed to provide a way to develop code that’s easy to create and understand. While Python contains the same basic structures as other languages, it also offers unique functionality that makes your life as a programmer easier.
This course will show you how to create basic programming structures including decisions and loops. Then you will move on to more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming with classes and exceptions. In addition, you will explore unique Python data structures such as tuples and dictionaries. You will even learn how to create Python programs with graphic elements that range from simple circles and squares to graphical user interface (GUI) objects like buttons and labels.
Whether you’re interested in writing simple scripts, full programs, or graphical user interfaces, this course will give you the tools you need to use Python with skill and confidence.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You will need Python 3.X (3.1, 3.2, or a later version), which you can download free of charge here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Course Hours: 24.00