Legal Nurse Consultant (Online Course)
Use your nursing background to help attorneys with medical cases and claims. This course provides a foundation in different areas of law to help you understand how to assist attorneys in all phases of civil and criminal litigation and step-by-step instructions for setting up your own nurse consulting practice.
This online course will teach you everything you need to know to become a legal nurse consultant. Outside of nursing practice, legal nurse consulting is one of the most unique opportunities for nurses today. This role means you’re more than a nurse, you’re an expert witness that advises attorneys on the processes, procedures, and terminology of the medical field. And this opportunity extends to other healthcare professionals as well — you can work as a legal consultant if you have an extensive medical background. The legal field needs skilled healthcare professionals, so if you want to branch out, work remote, or earn extra income, make your medical knowledge work for you.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructor: Self Study
Course Hours: 24.00